Deiss is a family-owned business specialising in kitchen gadgets and accessories such as graters and zesters, vegetable peelers, cooking utensils, fruit corers, ice moulds and funnels. Founded in Frankfurt in 2013 by Karl Deiss (a cook) and his wife Helga (a designer), the couple have combined their passions to create functional and convenient kitchen tools.
British shoppers can find Deiss products on Amazon UK.
Check out my Lemon, Mint & Cucumber Gin Cooler recipe, featuring finely grated lemon zest courtesy of my Deiss Pro Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater.
Because the grater is very sharp and a fine-gauge size, it does a superb job of removing only the top layer of the fruit, giving you all the essential oil flavour and aroma to be found in the citrus peel without any of the bitter white pith beneath.
It is also perfect for grating hard cheeses such as Parmesan – indeed I recommend grating straight straight from the freezer, allowing you to keep your hard cheese in excellent condition for months.
I’m teaming up with Deiss Kitchenware to give three readers a chance to win a Deiss Pro Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater. The prize includes free delivery within the UK.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the giveaway in 2 ways – entering both ways increases your chances of winning:
Entry 1 – Blog Comment What is your favourite recipe featuring lemon or orange zest, and what do you love about it?
Entry 2 – Twitter Follow @Kavey on Twitter. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter! Then tweet the exact sentence (shown in italics) below.
Just entered Kavey Eats’ giveaway to win a @deissofficial Pro Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater. http://bit.ly/KEDeiss #KaveyEatsDeiss
(Do not add my twitter handle or any other twitter handle to the beginning of the tweet or your entry will be considered invalid. Please don’t leave a blog comment about your tweet either; I track twitter entries using the competition hash tag.)
RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Friday 17th March 2017.
- The three winners will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Kavey Eats accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- Each of the three prizes is a Deiss Pro Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater.
- The prize is provided by Deiss Limited and cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- One blog entry per person only. One Twitter entry per person only. You may enter both ways but you do not have to do so for each individual entry to be valid.
- For Twitter entries, entrants must be following @Kavey at the time of notification.
- Blog comment entries must provide a valid email address for contact.
- The winner will be notified by email or Twitter so please make sure you check relevant accounts for the notification message.
- If no response is received from a winner within 10 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
Deiss Limited provided a review sample of their Pro Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater for Kavey Eats to develop and publish a recipe post featuring the product.