As I mentioned in my post about a recent special event cooking class I attended, the School of Wok has recently launched its own branded range of cookware, utensils and accessories created in partnership with Dexam. The range includes woks, steamers, cooking utensils as well as branded aprons and tea-towels.
Jeremy advocates classic carbon steel woks over non-stick – though there are a few non-stick in the range for those who prefer them. It’s worth learning how to care for a carbon steel wok properly – you’ll need to season the new wok before use and then clean as instructed to keep it in good condition.
And if you’re looking for a great recipe to test your wok skills, try the School of Wok’s Stir Fried Sichuan Chicken.
To celebrate the launch of the new range, I’m giving away one 13” (33cm) School of Wok ‘Wok & Roll’ Round Bottom Wok as well as a Steel Wok Ring. The round bottomed wok makes it superbly easy to quickly move your food around the wok for even cooking and the ring allows you to properly balance the wok on your stove top. The prize includes free delivery within the UK.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the giveaway in 2 ways – entering both ways increases your chances of winning:
Entry 1 – Blog Comment What is your favourite Chinese recipe to cook at home and why?
Entry 2 – Twitter Follow @Kavey on Twitter. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter! Then tweet the exact sentence (shown in italics) below.
I just entered the Kavey Eats giveaway of a @SchoolOfWok carbon steel round-bottomed wok + wok ring. http://bit.ly/KaveyEatsSOW #KaveyEatsSOW
(Do not add my twitter handle or any other twitter handle to the beginning of the tweet or your entry will be considered invalid. Please don’t leave a blog comment about your tweet either; I track twitter entries using the competition hash tag.)
RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Friday 30th December 2016.
- The winner will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Kavey Eats accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- The prize is one 13” School of Wok Carbon Steel Round Bottom Wok and one Steel Wok Ring.
- The prize is provided by Dexam and cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- One blog entry per person only. One Twitter entry per person only. You may enter both ways but you do not have to do so for each individual entry to be valid.
- For Twitter entries, entrants must be following @Kavey at the time of notification.
- Blog comment entries must provide a valid email address for contact.
- The winner will be notified by email or Twitter so please make sure you check relevant accounts for the notification message.
- If no response is received from a winner within 10 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
Kavey Eats attended a launch event for the new School of Wok range as a guest of School of Wok. We were also given a wok and wok ring to take home.