Several weeks ago I went to my first Christmas dinner, a banquet hosted by Green & Blacks and cooked by Micah Carr-Hill (who boasts the fabulous job title Head of Taste, and is in charge of product development) and William Leigh, Taste Assistant who works alongside Micah.
Together, they developed a menu inspired by the Green & Blacks chocolate range. Not every dish featured chocolate, but all were delicious.
To my surprise, one of my favourite elements was the lentils served with the quail. To say that I’m not a fan of lentils is an understatement, so the fact I loved these was quite a revelation. William did reel off the recipe to me, but I didn’t take it in, so will have to grill him on it further.
I also loved the tiny white chocolate disks covered with a pile of salty black caviar. An odd combination but it worked! The milk chocolate disks with dried potato powder reminded me of unconstructed maltesers!
And there were small chocolate-rimmed cups of Marmite broth which even some of Marmite-haters appreciated.
The other goal of the evening was to showcase some of their Christmas gift range, which as always, look very appealing.
So isn’t it lovely, that Green & Blacks have kindly offered some for me to share with readers of Kavey Eats?
And not just one prize, but three, so definitely lots of chocolate to go round!
1st Prize – Green & Black’s Organic Ultimate Collection (£14.99)
2nd Prize – Green & Black’s Tasting Collection (£11.99)
3rd Prize – Green & Black’s Dark Miniatures (£5.49)
How to enter
You can enter the competition in 2 ways.
Entry 1 – Answer the question
Leave a comment below, answering the following question:
Which flavour Green & Blacks bar comes in a purple wrapper?
Entry 2 – Tweet
Tweet the (exact) sentence below:
I’d love to win Green & Blacks Christmas Chocolates from www.kaveyeats.com #kaveyeatsgreenblacks11
Rules & Details
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Tuesday 6 December 2011.
- The winners will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator. The first one selected will win the 1st prize, the second selected will win the 2nd prize and the third selected will win the 3rd prize.
- One blog entry and one twitter entry per person.
- The prizes includes delivery, and can be delivered to UK mainland addresses only.
- The prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The prizes are offered and will be delivered directly by Green & Blacks.
- The winners will be notified by email or twitter asked to provide a delivery address. If no response is received by the end of Friday 9 December, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
*If you don’t have a secondary email address already and are nervous about sharing your main email address on the internet, why not set up a new free email account on hotmail, gmail or yahoo, that you can use to enter competitions like this?
Thanks to Green & Blacks for inviting me to their Christmas banquet and for providing this lovely prize.
All banquet images courtesy of Tom Bowles.