Time Out have updated their 2009 guide to eating and drinking out in the capital.
(I’m not sure why it’s titled 2012, when it ‘s clearly been compiled from 2010/2011 data, for publication this month, but perhaps it’s something to do with a commercial fear of being deemed out-dated too quickly?)
I turn less and less to the words of professional restaurant critics these days, preferring instead to get a consensus view from the posts of numerous food bloggers. That said, I do respect Time Out’s decision to review anonymously and paying their own way, to replicate the normal consumer experience as much as possible. Of course, one does hear that restaurants have photo sheets in their staff areas to help them recognise “anonymous” restaurant critics… wonder if that’s true?
Other pluses are that Time Out covers all cuisines, and all levels of dining. And all the places they list are marked on maps. Oh, and establishments can’t pay for inclusion, either.
I have five copies of the Time Out London’s Best Restaurants 2012 guide to give away to readers of Kavey Eats.
How to enter
- Leave a comment on this post telling me about your favourite London restaurant visit this year. Please ensure you leave your email address* in the field provided or in the body of your comment. Entries without any means of contacting the winner will not be included in the draw.
- Enter on twitter by tweeting the following:
I’d love to win a Time Out London Restaurant Guide 2012 www.kaveyeats.com #kaveyeatstimeout
- One blog entry per person. One twitter entry per person.
- There are five individual prizes, each one is a copy of the is a selection of the Time Out London’s Best Restaurants 2012 guide , as pictured above. The prize cannot redeemed for cash.
- The prizes are offered and will be delivered directly by Time Out Guides.
- The prizes can be delivered to UK mainland addresses only.
- The deadline for entries is midnight BST Thursday 10 November 2011.
- Five winners will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- The winners will be notified by email or twitter asked to provide a delivery address. If no response is received by Sunday 13th November, that prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
*If you don’t have a secondary email address already and are nervous about sharing your main email address on the internet, why not set up a new free email account on hotmail, gmail or yahoo, that you can use to enter competitions like this?
Time Out London’s Best Restaurants 2012 is available from Amazon. RRP £11.99.