Somehow the second birthday of my blog has come around already.
I’m not sure how it happened so fast; I still feel like a newbie blogger – flushed with excitement, discovery and joy.
Certainly my enthusiasm (and verbosity) hasn’t shown any signs of abating. In my first year, I wrote 127 posts. This last year I’ve posted 216!
Even more so than last year, blogging has brought me so much, not least some wonderful friendships that I truly cherish. Of course, there have also been fantastic opportunities to meet and learn from chefs and experts, visit fascinating events, review products and cookery books, attend fun and informative cookery courses, review restaurants and hotels and so much more. And of course, there’s been time for a bit of cooking too!
this last year I have persuaded my husband Pete to join in with this latest hobby of mine, in the guise of Pete Drinks. (He’s also making more regular updates on our gardening blog, now that we have an allotment to supplement our kitchen garden).
I’m more excited about food and drink than ever and can’t wait to see what my third year of blogging brings.
Here are my favourite 65 posts from the last year of blogging:
- Hot Sweet Sour Tangy Lemon Pickle
- Catch Of The Day At Billingsgate Seafood Training School
- Lipsmacking Tamarind Ketchup
- Beautiful Buttery Brioche
- Cooking A Crab
- Polpo: A Venetian Bacaro in London
- Chocolate Chorizo Chilli Con Carne
- Learning To Cook Japanese: Beef Tataki & Creamy Sesame Sauce
- Urban Farming With Celia Brooks Brown
- Choux Buns With Coffee Custard Filling
- An Interview With Kavey
- Mat Follas’ Foraging Course
- The Scandinavian Kitchen: Swedish Cheese Tart
- Pierre Koffman Is Back In Business: Koffmann’s At The Berkeley
- Memories of Vodka, A Moscow Mule & The Re-Establishment of a Vodka Empire
- Pickled Gherkins, How I Love Thee!
- Creamy, Dreamy Paneer Malai
- Best of the Blogs: Kavey Eats in the Times!
- Chateau d’Yquem Tasting & Dinner
- Food Styling & Photography Lessons from Alastair Hendy
- Dishoom Dishoom
- The Views Are Paramount: Dining With A View in London
- Denhay Farms: An Interview With Traditional Cheese & Bacon Producers
- Empanada! Leith’s Meat Bible
- Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake
- Toast? What’s YOUR Feel Good Food Smell?
- Hix’ Baked Parsnips with Lancashire Cheese
- Under Pressure: Raspberry Pancakes With Vanilla Mascarpone Cream
- Aqua & Their Curiously Addictive Kookoo Sabzi
- Autumn Garden & Good News!
- Home-Style Cooking at Delhi Grill
- Meemalee’s Kitchen Goes Large: The Burmese Pop Up
- Paganum: A Rural Tradition – Buying British and Visiting the Farm
- Shaking it with the Zulu warriors
- Green Romanesco Cauliflower Cheese
- My Hallowe’en Pumpkin
- Pete Drinks: Wolf Brewery Battle of Britain RAF
- Travels, Food and Memories with Josceline Dimbleby
- Birthday Blow Out at Launceston Place
- Pete Drinks: Marble Brewery Tour-At-Home
- Daisy Does Dinner for Kavey (NSFW)
- A Rather Unusual Job Interview + Pear & Ginger Chutney Recipe
- Angela Nilsen’s Ultimate Quiche Lorraine
- Food & Drink We Love & Hate At Christmas
- Pete Drinks: Bristol Beer Factory Tour-At-Home
- Making Gingerbread Houses with LexEats
- Love Shack, that’s where it’s at! (Scarlet Hotel, Cornwall)
- The Great Christmas Pudding Taste Test!
- Twelve I have, Eighteen I want: Confessions of a Food Book Addict
- ? Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom & Crème Fraiche Pasta
- Chin Chin Laboratories: London’s First Liquid Nitrogen Ice-Cream Parlour
- Homemade Terrine de Foie Gras Mi-Cuit
- Pete Drinks: The Kernel Brewery Tour-At-Home
- Sweden’s King of Cheeses Comes To Town!
- ThaT Burger!
- How to make Strawberry Vodka Liqueur
- Pete Drinks: CAMRA Says This Is Not Real Ale!
- Bangladeshi Shatkora Citrus: Candied Peel, Cordial, Posset & Pectin
- A Slice of Cherry Pie: Creamy Sausage Pasta
- Viajante: A Journey Of Flavours, Textures and Unusual Combinations
- Pete Drinks: Bath Ales Tour-At-Home
- Thanking My Mum
- Fifteen Cornwall
- Baking Bread with Master Baker Tom Herbert of Hobbs House Bakery
- Güdness Gracious Me + Recipe for Fred & Jerome’s Chocolate Gü-lash
Also, a few reminders:
- There are 2 places remaining on the first ever Mamta’s Kitchen all-day cookery course, lunch and dinner – celebrating 10 years of Mamta’s Kitchen and raising funds for the Khushboo Welfare Society.
- I’m asking fellow bloggers to take up my challenge to find soft drink matches for food – will you join me?
- If you haven’t bought your chocolate Easter egg for this year, you might find some inspiration in The Great Easter Egg Review.
Lastly, I’d also like to wish a happy blog birthday to my friend Dom at Belleau Kitchen, which celebrates it’s first birthday today!