It’s hot up North!
No, really – that’s the slogan for a campaign by Vimto to spread Manchester’s beloved Hot Vimto tradition further afield.
As a huge fan of Vimto, I’m up for that!
I’ll drink ‘bena if it’s all that’s on offer, but it’s Vimto (and C-Vit) that I seek out. I regularly enjoy Vimto cordial and it’s canned fizzy drink version too.
And now and then, I’ll indulge in a Hot Vimto – simply pour boiling water over a slug of cordial for an instant winter warmer.
Strangely, this idea seems to be treated with some suspicion in the South, though I’ve been a fan for as long as I can remember. Then again, I weirded out university hall mates by drinking instant custard powder made in a mug of boiling water (instead of milk) and other such hot drink inventions and I’d occasionally put green food colouring in my milk to discourage raids from the thieving lot downstairs! (My corridor mates knew my green milk was safe and they were welcome to borrow some!)
Recently, Vimto suggested sending me a basket of their products to rekindle my love of Vimto. I hadn’t actually forgotten but was happy to be reminded anyway, especially when they threw in a couple of extra bottles to share the Hot Vimto love with my readers.
Win two bottles of original Vimto cordial! You too can Hot Vimto to your heart’s delight!
Please read the competition details, as this prize will not be posted out, so collection in London area will be necessary.
How to enter
- Leave a comment on this post telling me about your favourite hot drink. Please ensure you leave your email address* in the field provided or in the body of your comment. Entries without any means of contacting the winner will not be included in the draw.
- Enter on twitter by tweeting the following:
I fancy a Hot Vimto! Please enter me into the kaveyeats.com competition. #kaveyeatshotvimto
- As I’m in possession of the prize and postage would be prohibitive, the prize will be delivered in person. I live in North West London, work in Watford and am regularly in Central London. Delivery/collection will require some flexibility to find a mutually convenient time and place.
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Wednesday 9th March 2011.
- Only one blog comment and one twitter entry per person, please. (Multiple entries will be excluded from the draw).
- The prize is two bottles of Vimto cordial. The prize cannot redeemed for cash.
- A winner will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- The winner will be notified by email or twitter by Friday 11th March and asked to get in touch to arrange delivery. If no response is received by Sunday 13th March, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
*If you don’t have a secondary email address already and are nervous about sharing your main email address on the internet, why not set up a new free email account on hotmail, gmail or yahoo, that you can use to enter competitions like this?