My lovely friend and chocolate expert, Louise, also known as The Chocolate Consultancy, has organised the first ever Great Brownie Bake Off, inviting the UK’s home bakers and non-professional cooks to compete in the search for the perfect brownie.
Taking place on Saturday October 9, 2010 at Old Street cycle café, Look Mum No Hands, the event will celebrate all things baking and brownies with some great demonstrations as well as the judging itself.
I’ll be on the judging panel and once we’ve chosen our perfect brownie, Derbyshire cake company, The Cake Nest, will incorporate the winner’s recipe into their A Piece of Cake range.
The winner will also receive a six-month supply of Divine chocolate.
(You all know how much I like Divine chocolate!)
The schedule for the event is below. Please do come along!
- 12:00: ‘official’ opening of The Great Brownie Bake Off
- 12:30-13:15: Gu Ganache? Gu chocolate puds demonstration led by Fred Ponnavoy, head chef at Gu chocolate puds
- 13:30-14:15: Sugargrain Bakery’s Caroline Aherne shows us how to make the perfect peanut butter blondie (wheat and gluten free)
- 14:30-15:15: Edd Kimber, winner of BBC2’s The Great British Bake Off, keeps on trend by making delicious chocolate and banana whoopie pies
- 15:30-16:15: Demonstration TBC
- 16:30-17:15: Stacie Stewart, a finalist on Masterchef 2010, demonstrates quick, simple and divine chocolate and mascarpone cupcakes
- 17:30: Raffle
- 17:45: Great Brownie Bake Off Winner announced
- 18:00: Event finish