“I love Jelly Belly Jelly Beans!”
That’s exactly how I started a post last year, in which I shared my recipe for a simple no-churn jelly bean ice cream. If you are interested in the history of this well known brand, I talk about it in the same post.
Today is National Jelly Bean Day (in the US and the UK, anyway) and we’re celebrating by giving you the chance to win this wonderful Jelly Belly Bean Machine and a kilo of beans to fill it! Read on to find out how to enter, and for some interesting facts about Jelly Belly.
- Jelly Belly first created jelly beans in 1976 and their beans were the first to be sold in single flavours and come with a flavour menu.
- The original eight flavours of Jelly Belly beans were Very Cherry, Root Beer, Cream Soda, Tangerine, Green Apple, Lemon, Liquorice and Grape.
- There are currently over 100 different flavours!
- Each Jelly Belly jelly bean contains just 4 calories.
- Jelly Belly jelly beans are free from fat, wheat, nuts, gluten, dairy and gelatine. (They are also certified OU Kosher and suitable for vegetarians).
- Jelly Belly is now available in over 63 countries worldwide. Each one has their favourite flavours and they’re all different. The reigning number one flavour in the UK is Strawberry Cheesecake.
- Juicy Pear costs more to create than any other Jelly Belly flavour because special D’Anjou Pears are shipped in especially from France.
- Jelly Belly beans were the first jelly beans in outer space when President Reagan sent them on the 1983 flight of the space shuttle Challenger.
- As well as eating Jelly Belly beans one at a time, to savour the flavors, aficionados also combine them to create recipes. Add your own to the UK Jelly Belly recipe database.
Jelly Belly are offering one Kavey Eats reader this retrotastic Jelly Belly Bean Machine and a kilo bag of jelly beans with which to fill it. The prize includes delivery within the UK.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the competition in 3 ways:
Entry 1 – Blog Comment
Leave a comment below, telling me what flavour you think would make a tasty new Jelly Belly jelly bean.
Entry 2 – Facebook
Like the Kavey Eats Facebook page and leave a (separate) comment on this blog post with your Facebook user name.
Entry 3 – Twitter
Follow @Kavey on Twitter. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter! Then tweet the (exact) sentence below.
I’d love to win a @JellyBellyUK Jelly Bean Machine from Kavey Eats! http://goo.gl/HZQT21 #KaveyEatsJellyBelly
(Please do not add my twitter handle into the tweet; I track entries using the competition hash tag. And you don’t need to leave a blog comment about your tweet either, thanks!)
RULES & DETAILS
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Friday 9 May 2014.
- Kavey Eats reserves the right to alter the closing date of the competition. Changes to the closing date, if they occur, will be shown on this page.
- The winner will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Kavey Eats accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- The prize is a Jelly Belly Bean Machine and a kilo of Jelly Belly jelly beans and includes free delivery within the UK.
- The prize cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- The prize is offered and provided by Jelly Belly.
- One blog entry per person only. One Twitter entry per person only. One Facebook entry per person only. You may enter all three ways but do not have to do so for your entries to be valid.
- For Twitter entries, winners must be following @Kavey at the time of notification. For Facebook entries, winners must Like the Kavey Eats Facebook page at time of notification.
- Blog comment entries must provide a valid email address for contacting the winner.
- The winners will be notified by email, Twitter or Facebook. If no response is received from a winner within 7 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
Kavey Eats received sample products from Jelly Belly.