I used to find it hard to make use of my full collection until I started using Eat Your Books, an online service that helps you catalogue all the books you own, and to easily search the resulting index to find recipes using a given ingredient… if you’re wondering just what to do with that beautiful plump aubergine, harissa paste or tub of crème fraiche, just type those ingredients into the Search box to see a list of every matching recipe in the books you own – all you have to do is grab the relevant book from your shelf and flick to the right page. You can also search on cuisines or by course if you prefer. And to add even more value, Eat Your Books also catalogues and links to a huge list of recipes online, including some of mine here on Kavey Eats.
You can read my full review of Eat Your Books here, though note that prices and features may have changed slightly since then.
If you love cookbooks, don’t forget to check out my 2016 round up of cookery books, here.
Eat Your Books are kindly offering a reader of Kavey Eats a free year’s membership of Eat Your Books worth US$30.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the giveaway in 2 ways – entering both ways increases your chances of winning:
Entry 1 – Blog Comment Tell me about the food books on your wish list at the moment? What books are you after and why?
Entry 2 – Twitter Follow @Kavey on Twitter. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter! Then tweet the exact sentence (shown in italics) below.
I’ve just entered the Kavey Eats giveaway of a one year membership of @EatYourBooks. http://bit.ly/KaveyEatsEYB #KaveyEatsEYB
(Do not add my twitter handle or any other twitter handle to the beginning of the tweet or your entry will be considered invalid. Please don’t leave a blog comment about your tweet either; I track twitter entries using the competition hash tag.)
RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Friday 30th December 2016.
- The winner will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Kavey Eats accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- The prize is a one year membership of Eat Your Books. The user will be sent a voucher code that can be redeemed directly on the Eat Your Books website.
- The prize is offered by Eat Your Books and cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- One blog entry per person only. One Twitter entry per person only. You may enter both ways but you do not have to do so for each individual entry to be valid.
- For Twitter entries, entrants must be following @Kavey at the time of notification.
- Blog comment entries must provide a valid email address for contact.
- The winner will be notified by email or Twitter so please make sure you check relevant accounts for the notification message.
- If no response is received from a winner within 10 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
Kavey Eats was not compensated for this post, but still uses a subscription to Eat Your Books originally provided for review in 2014.