Check out my review of new release, Ferment Pickle Dry. This lovely cookery book by Simon Poffley and Gaba Smolinksa-Poffley shares a wide selection of recipes for preserving food by fermenting, pickling and drying. More unusually, the book also provides ‘partner recipes’ that showcase how the preserves can best be put to use in your cooking.
Publisher Frances Lincoln are giving away two copies of the newly released Ferment Pickle Dry: Ancient methods, Modern meals by Simon Poffley and Gaba Smolinksa-Poffley to readers of Kavey Eats. Each prize includes delivery to a UK address.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the giveaway in 2 ways – entering both ways increases your chances of winning:
Entry 1 – Blog Comment What is your favourite fermented, pickled or dried item and how do you like to use it?
Entry 2 – Twitter Follow @Kavey on Twitter. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter! Then tweet the exact sentence (shown in italics) below.
I’d love to win a copy of Ferment Pickle Dry by @thefermentarium and @QuartoCooks from Kavey Eats. http://bit.ly/KaveyEatsFPD #KaveyEatsFPD
(Do not add my twitter handle or any other twitter handle to the beginning of the tweet or your entry will be considered invalid. Please don’t leave a blog comment about your tweet either; I track twitter entries using the competition hash tag.)
RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Friday 7th October 2016.
- The two winners will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Kavey Eats accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- Each prize is a copy of Ferment Pickle Dry published by Frances Lincoln. Delivery to a UK address is included.
- The prizes are offered by Frances Lincoln and cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- One blog entry per person only. One Twitter entry per person only. You may enter both ways but you do not have to do so for each individual entry to be valid.
- For Twitter entries, entrants must be following @Kavey at the time of notification.
- Blog comment entries must provide a valid email address for contact.
- The winners will be notified by email or Twitter so please make sure you check relevant accounts for the notification message.
- If no response is received from a winner within 10 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
Ferment Pickle Dry by Simon Poffley and Gaba Smolinksa-Poffley is published by Frances Lincoln. RRP £20, currently available from Amazon UK for £16.59 (at time of publication).
The winners for this giveaway are Elisa and NickyB (both blog entries).