The latest to come to my attention is Tipple Box, a monthly cocktail subscription created by founder Sonny Charles. After launching just last month with the help of crowdfunding, Sonny is now ready for cocktail lovers to sign up. Each month, he sends out two cocktail recipes with ingredients (spirits, mixers and anything else in the recipe) and mixing jar. All you need to add is the ice.
Pete and I enjoyed the two cocktails in our Tipple Box, one a combination of gin, marmalade and mixer, the other a blend of vodka, strawberry jam and mixer, though it’s a shame the two recipes were so similar. I’d like to see a little more creativity in future boxes (small batch spirits and mixers, rather than mainstream brands, and the addition of intriguing bitters, fruit and herb syrups and cordials, flavoured salts and sugars – the kinds of things a keen cocktail maker might not readily be able to source themselves in the supermarket).
But it’s a great start for a new business, very nicely presented and a rather lovely idea for an intimate night in making and drinking cocktails together. Of course, you can buy this to give to your loved one in person but I think it would also be a charming gift to send via the post to a LDR lover, ready and waiting to make cocktails the next time you get together.
One box costs £24 including delivery in the UK, with reductions in price for longer subscriptions.
Tipple Box are are offering one reader of Kavey Eats a one month Tipple Box of recipe cards, ingredients and mixer jar. Prize includes delivery within the UK.
Whether you win the competition or not, all readers can make use of discount code KAVEY10 for 10% off the monthly subscription price, valid until end of March 2015.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the competition in 3 ways – the more ways you enter, the higher your chances of winning:
Entry 1 – Blog Comment
Leave a comment below, sharing your favourite Valentine’s day memory.
Entry 2 – Twitter
Follow @Kavey and @TippleBoxUK on Twitter. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter! Then tweet the (exact) sentence below:
I’d love to win a @TippleBoxUK cocktail box from Kavey Eats! http://bit.ly/valdaycomp #KaveyEatsTippleBox
(Do not add the @Kavey twitter handle into the tweet; I track entries using the competition hash tag. And please don’t leave a blog comment about your tweet either, thanks!)
Entry 3 – Instagram
Follow @KaveyF and @tipplebox on Instagram. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter! Then:
Share an image of a cocktail or cocktail ingredient via your Instagram feed. In the caption include instagram usernames @KaveyF and @tipplebox and the hashtag #KaveyEatsTippleBox
RULES & DETAILS
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Thursday 5th February 2015.
- Kavey Eats reserves the right to alter the closing date of the competition. Changes to the closing date, if they occur, will be shown on this page.
- The winner will be selected from all valid entries (across blog, twitter and instagram) using a random number generator.
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Kavey Eats accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- The prize is a one month Tipple Box including recipe cards, ingredients and mixer jar for two cocktails. The prize includes delivery within the UK Mainland.
- The prize cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- The prize is offered and provided by Tipple Box.
- Tipple Box will do their best to deliver before 14th February 2015, but please note that this is not guaranteed.
- One blog entry per person only. One Twitter entry per person only. One Instagram entry per person only. You may enter all three ways but you do not have to do so for your entries to be valid.
- For Twitter entries, winners must be following @Kavey and @TippleBoxUK at the time of notification. For Instagram entries, winners must be following @KaveyF and @tipplebox at the time of notification. Blog comment entries must provide a valid email address for contacting the winner.
- The winners will be notified by email, Twitter or Instagram so please make sure you check your accounts for the notification message. If no response is received from a winner within 7 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
Kavey Eats received a sample box from Tipple Box.
The winner is twitter entry @.