We both adore chocolate so it’s often part of our birthday, Christmas and anytime gifts to each other. We seldom buy boxes of chocolates (it’s usually bars, far better value), and very rarely on Valentine’s day. But I confess I would be more than happy to be given this big chocolate Hotel Chocolat Love Birds chocolate heart! Featuring a very pretty love birds design, half is salted caramel chocolate and the other half 50% milk praline. (£26; 650 grams).
Other products that have caught my eye in this year’s Hotel Chocolat Valentine’s range include:
- The Valentines Goody Bag (containing chocolate and passion fruit truffles; a pack of caramel sweethearts; two 50g milk chocolate Mellow Heart slabs; Champagne Truffles; and a Valentine’s truffle duo of Caramel Gianduja and a Strawberry Cheesecake; £18).
- This bottle of Cocoa Gin made in small batches in traditional copper-pot stills; roasted cocoa shells contribute to the rich flavour. (£15, 250ml).
- A box of six balsamic caramel hearts (£3.75).
Hotel Chocolat are offering one reader of Kavey Eats a Hotel Chocolat Love Birds chocolate heart. Prize includes delivery within the UK.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the competition in 3 ways – the more ways you enter, the higher your chances of winning:
Entry 1 – Blog Comment
Leave a comment below, sharing your favourite Valentine’s day memory.
Entry 2 – Twitter
Follow @Kavey and @HotelChocolat on Twitter. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter! Then tweet the (exact) sentence below:
I’d love to win a @HotelChocolat Love Birds Salted Caramel & Milk Praline heart from KaveyEats! http://bit.ly/valdaycomp #KaveyEatsHCValentine
(Do not add the @Kavey twitter handle into the tweet; I track entries using the competition hash tag. And please don’t leave a blog comment about your tweet either, thanks!)
Entry 3 – Instagram
Follow @KaveyF and @HotelChocolat on Instagram. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter! Then:
Share an image of chocolate via your Instagram feed. In the caption include instagram usernames @KaveyF and @HotelChocolat and the hashtag #KaveyEatsHCValentine
RULES & DETAILS
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Thursday 5th February 2015.
- Kavey Eats reserves the right to alter the closing date of the competition. Changes to the closing date, if they occur, will be shown on this page.
- The winner will be selected from all valid entries (across blog, twitter and instagram) using a random number generator.
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Kavey Eats accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- The prize is Hotel Chocolat’s Love Birds chocolate heart and includes delivery within the UK Mainland.
- The prize cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- The prize is offered and provided by Hotel Chocolat.
- Hotel Chocolat will do their best to deliver before 14th February 2015, but please note that this is not guaranteed.
- One blog entry per person only. One Twitter entry per person only. One Instagram entry per person only. You may enter all three ways but you do not have to do so for your entries to be valid.
- For Twitter entries, winners must be following @Kavey and @HotelChocolat at the time of notification. For Instagram entries, winners must be following @KaveyF and @HotelChocolat at the time of notification. Blog comment entries must provide a valid email address for contacting the winner.
- The winners will be notified by email, Twitter or Instagram so please make sure you check your accounts for the notification message. If no response is received from a winner within 7 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
Kavey Eats received sample products from Hotel Chocolat.
The winner is blog entry, Sharon Mead.