Oats are one of those ingredients that we seldom give much thought (or praise) to but which are at the core of some truly wonderful recipes.
So it’s lovely to be able to share a giveaway from British oat brand, Mornflake. Mornflake has been milling oats since 1675, making it the longest-established miller of oats and cereal in the UK. The South Cheshire company is still owned and managed by descendants of the original miller, 15 generations down the line. You can read more about the history of Mornflake, here and of course, more about their product range.
Oats are a versatile ingredient for both sweet and savoury dishes. Here are some great oat recipes to inspire you!
- Crunchy Rough Scottish Oatcakes on Greedy Gourmet
- Fried Fish in Oatmeal by the Hairy Bikers on BBC Food
- Frikadeller Danish Meatballs on Fab Food 4 All
- Honey Oat Beer Buns from The Bojon Gourmet
- Malted Spelt Soda Bread (Kavey Eats)
- Oat Bread on Serious Eats
- Apple-Chai Baked Oatmeal on the Guardian
- Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins on Running With Spoons
- Big Cluster Maple Granola by Smitten Kitchen on Serious Eats
- Double Ginger Breakfast Crumble on the Guardian
- Caramelized Banana Oat Muffins on Pinch of Yum
- Healthy Apple Pie Oats on Hungry Healthy Happy
- Homemade Oat-Graham Crackers (similar to digestive biscuits) on Chasing Delicious
- Honey & Ginger Flapjacks on Blue Kitchen Bakes
- Maple and Pecan Flapjacks on Blue Kitchen Bakes
- No-Bake Nutella Truffles on Real Simple
- Oat, Date & Pecan Breakfast Loaf on How to Cook Good Food
- Oaty Scones on Fuss Free Flavours
- Pear, Ginger and Cinnamon Oat Smoothie on Mom On Time Out
- Pumpkin & Oat Morning Bread on Crafting Connections
- Rhubarb Crumble from Mainly Baking
- Sous Vide Overnight Oatmeal on Fuss Free Flavours
- Spiced Fig, Date, Oat & Almond Milk Smoothie on Fuss Free Flavours
2 readers will each win a set of the following Mornflake products. The prize includes delivery in the UK.
- 1 x hamper basket
- 1 x 800 gram Mornflake Oatbran
- 2 x 500 gram Mornflake Coarse Oatmeal
- 2 x 1.5 kilo Mornflake Scottish Jumbo Oats
- 2 x 750 gram Mornflake Organic Oats
- 1 x hessian bag
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the competition in 3 ways:
Entry 1 – Blog Comment
Leave a comment below, telling me your favourite oat recipe (to cook or to eat!)
Entry 2 – Facebook
Like the Kavey Eats Facebook page and leave a (separate) comment on this blog post with your Facebook user name.
Entry 3 – Twitter
Follow @Kavey on Twitter. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter! Then tweet the (exact) sentence below.
I’d love to win one of 2 @MornflakeCereal hampers from Kavey Eats! http://goo.gl/EAifpe #KaveyEatsMornflake
(Please do not add my twitter handle into the tweet; I track entries using the competition hash tag. And you don’t need to leave a blog comment about your tweet either, thanks!
RULES & DETAILS
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Friday 8th August, 2014.
- Kavey Eats reserves the right to alter the closing date of the competition. Changes to the closing date, if they occur, will be shown on this page.
- The 2 winners will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Kavey Eats accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- Each prize is a hamper of Mornflake products, as listed above, and includes free delivery within the UK.
- Mornflake reserve the right to adjust the contents of the hamper according to availability.
- The prizes cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- The prizes are offered and provided by Mornflake.
- One blog entry per person only. One Twitter entry per person only. One Facebook entry per person only. You may enter all three ways but do not have to do so for your entries to be valid.
- For Twitter entries, winners must be following @Kavey at the time of notification. For Facebook entries, winners must Like the Kavey Eats Facebook page at time of notification.
- Blog comment entries must provide a valid email address for contacting the winner.
- The winners will be notified by email, Twitter or Facebook. If no response is received from a winner within 7 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
Kavey Eats received samples from Mornflake.