I have a confession. Even though we both love pancakes, we miss pancake day about as often as we manage to celebrate it. By “celebrate it” I mean make and eat pancakes on the day itself. I am not sure why – we nearly always have eggs in the house, and flour and salt, of course; we have a cupboard full of potential fillings and toppings from ham and cheese to honey and jams and chocolate spreads to peanut butter and bananas and condensed milk. And actually, we both adore the delicious simplicity of a sprinkle of sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. And pancakes are so easy to make, whether you go for thick fluffy American ones, lacy thin French crêpes or Yorkshire pudding-like Dutch Babies.
But, there it is. Sometimes we just don’t get around to it.
Which is why I was happy to review Abra-ca-Debora’s ready-made Dutch pancakes a couple of years ago. I used them to make a rather magnificent (if I say so myself) speculoos and mascarpone pancake cake as an impressive but simple-to-make Christmas dessert. It’s the speculoos spices that make this particular pancake cake recipe so Christmassy, but of course, you could make something similar all year round, as the flavours are so delicious. Or why not switch out the speculoos layer for other fillings such as chocolate spread, coffee cream, jam or lemon curd?
Abra-ca-Debora have offered a lovely hamper of their pancakes along with some great ingredients to serve with them (see picture). The prize includes delivery within the UK.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the competition in 3 ways:
Entry 1 – Blog Comment
Leave a comment below, telling me which kind of pancakes you like best and what fillings or toppings you recommend.
Entry 2 – Facebook
Like the Kavey Eats Facebook page and leave a (separate) comment on this blog post with your Facebook user name.
Entry 3 – Twitter
Follow @Kavey on Twitter. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter! Then tweet the (exact) sentence below.
I’d love to win an @Abra_ca_Debora hamper of pancakes and goodies from Kavey Eats! http://goo.gl/s1O3Av #KaveyEatsAbraCaDebora
(Please do not add my twitter handle into the tweet; I track entries using the competition hash tag. And you don’t need to leave a blog comment about your tweet either, thanks!)
RULES & DETAILS
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Tuesday 4th March 2014.
- Kavey Eats reserves the right to alter the closing date of the competition. Changes to the closing date, if they occur, will be shown on this page.
- The winner will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Kavey Eats accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- The prize is a a hamper of Abra-ca-Debora and other products, as shown above. The prize include free delivery within the UK.
- The prize cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- The prize is offered and provided by Abra-ca-Debora.
- One blog entry per person only. One Twitter entry per person only. One Facebook entry per person only. You do not have to enter all three ways for your entries to be valid.
- For Twitter entries, winners must be following @Kavey at the time of notification. For Facebook entries, winners must Like the Kavey Eats Facebook page at time of notification.
- Blog comment entries must provide a valid email address for contacting the winner.
- The winners will be notified by email, Twitter or Facebook. If no response is received within 7 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
Kavey Eats received a review hamper from Abra-ca-Debora.
This giveaway was won by Karen B.