The May Bloggers Scream For Ice Cream challenge is all about edible ice cream containers. So much so that you can opt to fill your home-made cones, cups, biscuits, baskets, wafers and waffles with your favourite ready-made ice cream (or sorbet) if you don’t have the time or energy to make your own, this month. Of course, home-made is always welcome in BSFIC!
As soon as this theme formed in my mind, I knew I wanted to recreate the waffle ice cream cone (with scoop of green ice cream and drizzle of chocolate sauce) that I drew for the BSFIC icon, below. That’s the point at which I realised I’d need a waffle cone maker and turned to my friends at Lakeland.
They sell this Montiss Waffle Cone Maker (£29.99), which provides a quick and simple way of making slim textured waffles. Just pre-heat the appliance, pour batter onto the cooking plate, close the lid, and allow to cook for a couple of minutes. You can adjust the temperature to suit your recipe. To turn waffles into waffle cones, lift the hot pliable waffles from the press and quickly wrap them around the cone-shaped form provided. The casing is made of durable bakelite and the cooking plates are non-stick, so should be easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth.
To my delight, Lakeland not only offered me a review sample of the waffle cone maker, so I can make the ice cream cones of my dreams (and then give homemade stroopwafel a try), but very kindly agreed to give a second one away to the winning entry from this month’s challenge!
How To Take Part In BSFIC
- Create and blog a recipe that fits the challenge by the 4th of June.
- In your post, mention and link to this Bloggers Scream For Ice Cream post.
- In your post, include the Bloggers Scream For Ice Cream badge.
- Email me (by the 4th of June) with your first name or nickname (as you prefer), the link to your post and an image for my roundup, sized to no larger than 500 pixels on the longest side.
You are welcome to submit your post to as many blogger challenge events as you like.
If the recipe is not your own, please be aware of copyright issues. Email me if you would like to discuss this.
If you like, tweet about your post using the hashtag #BSFIC. I’ll retweet any I see. You are also welcome to share the links to your posts on the Kavey Eats Facebook page.
I’ll post a round up of all the entries at the end of the month.
About The Competition
- Valid entry into the May 2013 BSFIC (as above) will be considered entry into the competition for the Lakeland Waffle Cone Maker. (If for any reason, you don’t wish to enter, please advise in your email).
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT 4th June 2013.
- We will select a favourite entry from those submitted. We will be looking for an entry that meets the challenge theme well and a post that is engagingly written, attractively presented and provides easy-to-follow instructions.
- The prize is a Lakeland Waffle Cone Maker and includes delivery to a UK mainland address only. (Those outside the UK are welcome to enter and nominate a friend’s UK address for delivery).
- The prize cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The prize is offered directly by Lakeland.
- The winner will be notified by email. If no response is received within 14 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
Edit: 23 May 2013 – please note that the deadline for this month’s BSFIC has been extended from the 28th May to the 4th June.
With thanks to Lakeland for providing sample and prize waffle cone makers.