Harviestoun celebrate their 30th anniversary this year. Pete’s already a fan of their beers and they’ve featured on Pete Drinks three times already. Their Wild Hop Gold was one of the Sainsbury’s Great British Beer Hunt selections… and what beer and whisky lover wouldn’t appreciate their Ola Dubh beers, dark porters aged in whisky casks?
We’re both rather excited by their latest project – a collaboration with artisan chocolatiers The Chocolate Tree. After a recent beer and chocolate pairing session, in which the favourite match was Harviestoun’s Ola Dubh 18 and a 75% Madagascar, Harvieston commissioned The Chocolate Tree to create some limited edition beer chocolates using that same combination.
Only 40 boxes were made, each one containing 6 foil-wrapped eggs weighing about 50 grams. Each egg is actually two chocolates, consisting of a Criollo and Trinitario cacao shell around a soft centre made from the Madagascar mixed with Ola Dubh 18 beer. The signature fruitiness of Madagascar chocolate comes through beautifully, and the subtle taste of beer adds another layer of flavour. Oh and the boxes are wrapped in a beautiful brown ribbon too – I confess I’m a sucker for ribbon!
The eggs won’t be available to buy but you have lots of opportunities to win!
Harviestoun have offered a box of their limited edition Ola Dubh 18 chocolate and beer Easter eggs to one lucky Kavey Eats reader. The prize includes free delivery within the UK.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the competition in 3 ways:
Entry 1 – Blog Comment
Leave a comment below, telling me about your favourite food and beer pairings.
Entry 2 – Facebook
Like the Kavey Eats Facebook and leave a (separate) comment on this blog post with your Facebook user name.
Entry 3 – Twitter
Follow @Kavey and @HarviestounBrew on Twitter. Existing followers are, of course, welcome to enter!
Then tweet the (exact) sentence below.
I’d love to win Ola Dubh 18 Easter Eggs from Kavey Eats and @HarviestounBrew! http://goo.gl/UnQ9P #KaveyEatsOlaDubh
(Please do not add the @Kavey twitter handle into the tweet; I track entries using the hashtag. And you don’t need to leave a blog comment about your tweet either, thanks!)
RULES & DETAILS
- You must be over 18 to enter this competition.
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Saturday 23rd March 2013.
- The winners will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- The prize is a box of Ola Dubh 18 Chocolate Easter Eggs and includes free delivery within the UK.
- The prize cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- The prize is offered and provided by Harviestoun Brewery.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Kavey Eats accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- One blog entry per person only. One Twitter entry per person only. One Facebook entry per person only. You do not have to enter all three ways for your entries to be valid.
- For Twitter entries, winners must be following @Kavey and @HarviestounBrew at the time of notification. For Facebook entries, winners must Like the Kavey Eats Facebook page at time of notification.
- Blog comment entries must provide a valid email address for contacting the winner.
- The winners will be notified by email, Twitter or Facebook. If no response is received within 7 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
OTHER WAYS TO WIN
If you’re not lucky in my competition, there are other ways to get your hands on one of these beautiful boxes:
Pete Drinks is also giving away a box on his blog.
Harviestoun are running a competition on their own website, here.
Harviestoun are also running a twitter competition. All tweets featuring the hashtag #OlaDubhEasterEggs between now and Monday 25th March will be automatically entered.
There’s no competition on their Facebook page, but why not go ahead and Like it anyway for news about their latest products and projects?
Kavey Eats received a sample product from Harvieston Brewery