I love my mum. She (and Pops) gave my sister and I the most amazing childhood and a great start in life. From them we learned to appreciate ourselves and others, we learned the importance of education and self-improvement, we learned about the big wide world and the amazing diversity that can be found within it, we learned to socialise and spend wonderful times with dear friends, we learned to appreciate good food from around the world…
From mum specifically, we learned how to be strong, successful women, balancing impressive careers with balanced home lives, we learned about cooking and hospitality and putting people at ease, we learned how to nurture plants – mum gave us our own little areas in the garden and helped us to grow our chosen flowers and vegetables.
Of course, like all mums, my ma does drive me potty sometimes with plenty of nagging about my messy house and my excess weight… but, that doesn’t detract (too much) from the rest! Even now, with my 40th birthday only months away, she and Pop still look out for my sister and I and always have our best interests at heart.
So, I have a lot to thank my mum for when it comes to Mothering Sunday, which falls on April 3rd this year.
I’m calling on Interflora to help me say thank you and remind her that I love her very much.
Interflora needs little introduction to most of us; many of us have turned to the international brand to send flowers for birthdays and anniversaries, to wish friends well in new homes or jobs, to send the message that we hope they feel better soon or even just to cheer them up on a rainy day. And many of us will surely turn to them again to send mothers day flowers and mothers day gifts. I’d suggest you also check out their other categories, as some of my favourite bouquets aren’t included in the mothers day listings.
As well as flowers, don’t forget that Interflora also offer a wide range of hampers including food and drink selections, personalised biscuits and cupcakes and even jars of sweets. I tried one of their hampers a couple of years back and found it pretty decent for the price. Certainly there are more luxurious hampers from suppliers such as Fortnum & Mason and Forman & Field, but of course, these are correspondingly more expensive!
My mum has the proverbial green fingers and she’s a fruit lover so I’ve chosen a beautiful azalea plant and a basket of fresh fruit to send her.
To share the love with my readers, I’m offering one reader a beautiful Interflora prize which you can have sent to anyone you like (including yourself) though I’d like to suggest you send it to your mum.
The Amore Hamper (worth £55) comes in a wicker basket and includes a bottle of champagne, a milk chocolate love heart plaque, Belgian truffles, milk chocolate buttons and Scottish almond and vanilla biscuits.
How to enter
- Leave a comment on this post sharing something lovely about your mum – it could be a childhood memory, something special you learned from her, a funny saying or habit she has, a recipe she cooks for you…
Please ensure you leave your email address* in the field provided or in the body of your comment. Entries without any means of contacting the winner will not be included in the draw.
- Enter on twitter by tweeting the following:
I’d love to win an Interflora gift for my mum! Check out www.kaveyeats.com for details: #kaveyeatsinterfloramum
- The prize can be delivered to UK residents only. Non UK residents are welcome to enter, if they’d like to win the prize for delivery to a UK address.
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Monday 21st March 2011.
- The prize is an Interflora Amore Hamper. The prize cannot redeemed for cash. The prize will be provided and delivered by Interflora. Interflora reserve the right to offer a prize of similar/ greater value if the specified prize is out of stock.
- A winner will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- The winner will be notified by email or twitter by Tuesday 22 March and asked to provide a delivery address. If no response is received by Thursday 24 March, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
*If you don’t have a secondary email address already and are nervous about sharing your main email address on the internet, why not set up a new free email account on hotmail, gmail or yahoo, that you can use to enter competitions like this?